Whose work/contribution are you willing to erase from history?
Once you get beyond the fact that some of these competitors haven’t lost in previous rounds, this round offered few surprises. I was sorry to see Trismegistus knocked out—not because he was particularly important, but because I liked the fact that a fictional character was still in the running.
- Einstein over Archimedes by 3
- Galileo over Cavendish by 9
- du Châtelet over Ptolemy by 2
- Copernicus over Regiomontanus by 6
- Dariwn over Pliny by 8
- Newton over Magnus by 2
- Lovelace over Herschel by 4
- Pythagoras over Trismegistus by 4